Sunday, May 8, 2011

Laura

We chose Laura for Little House. That's who our baby girl would have been. Obviously not Laura Ingalls exactly, but her hair would have eventually turned brown, and I would have put it up in little braids. Even though I dressed her up in little dresses, she would have run off to play in the mud and muck to climb trees. She would have been an adventurer. A brown-haired and beautiful, tomboyish adventurer. Full of charm and spunk and mostly love. That's why we chose the name Laura.

It's like that Ricky Valence song:
Tell Laura I love her
Tell Laura I need her
Tell Laura not to cry
My love for her will never die.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

5 comments:

  1. That's exactly how I imagine your little girl Allie. I am so glad that you are able to write about her. She would have been amazing; she was amazing. How could she have been anything else?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Laura is a perfect name Al, just perfect. I agree with Teresa I love that you are writing about her, it's really beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Little House on the Prairie. In fact, it was you Allie, who got me into the books. I can remember reading them at your house! I LOVE even more that you would chose to name your little girl after her....dresses and braids are exactly what makes little girls like your Laura special. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it Al. I can totally imagine her being exactly as you describe. I enjoy reading your posts (even though they make me cry) and that you are sharing your feelings and observations so it really can be like we were able to meet her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing this Allie.

    I read somewhere that “Laura” means to wear the victorious crown, prize; it also means 'leader of the group'; and also 'beautiful heroic girl'. I love that. She sure was the leader of all our children to come and will be remembered and treasured by everyone she touched. I love all the memories I have of her and you together- they will be in my heart always. Laura was a very special gift.

    ReplyDelete