I am a lot more excited about this than I thought I would be. True, I don't get to buy pretty little dresses, but think of all the money I will save on clothes and accessories! I think over the years a boy will mean more fun, less drama (although maybe more cuts and bruises) and sports games to watch in the sun and the rain! But I think what makes me most excited is seeing how happy Matty is. He was overjoyed to find out we were having a boy :) His words were, "of course it's a boy, sneaking into the egg that way - 'excuse me, may I come in for a moment? I think I may have forgotten my coat. . . Pretty sure it's in there somewhere. . .'". Sounds like we may have a sly one.
For my birthday, I requested a DQ ice cream cake. It came complete with a honeybear. So cute.
A couple of days later, we hit 24 weeks, which happened to coincide with a big kids sale at Pearkes, where we picked up tons of used clothes. Not only was Matthew happily by my side shopping for baby stuff, he was also the first one to pick up a onesie and say, "look how cute this one is. We're buying it." When I saw our massive pile at the end and said, "our baby will never be able to wear all those clothes!" he responded with, "that's ok, look how cheap!" I am so grateful to have someone who is not only incredibly supportive, but also excited to be a part of everything. So much love.
24 weeks
Cute!! I can totally picture you being at all his sporting events it will be so much fun! Boys definitely have far less drama and he will be your little cowboy ;)
ReplyDeleteI too love how involved Matt sounds - It makes me happy to see you so supported and loved <3
Also I love love that last photo - so pretty!!!
Congrats!!! Glad to see you so happy :)
ReplyDelete